- Discuss what sort of character you would like to create. It is important to define your role in the party. See below.
- Create your character! If you are too lazy or too busy to do this, you may use a pre-generated character, but it is not recommended.
- Become familiar with the history of the Shadowrun universe.
- Please try to stay away from spoilers and GM materials.
- Determine your character's background and personality. If related to another character, try to coordinate.
Basic Runner Types
- Faces are charismatic individuals — they may be good looking, smooth talking, quick-witted, or just have a great force of personality.
- Magicians use their force of will and the power of their beliefs to manipulate magic and control spirits.
- Adepts are the modern-day ninjas and berserkers, using magic to enhance their body’s abilities.
- Hackers are characters that specialize in computers, and accessing and manipulating data via the Matrix.
- Riggers are a subset of hackers who focus on using and manipulating modern vehicles and drones.
- Street samurai are physically enhanced combat monsters.
These basic runner types are just the tip of the iceberg and are not meant to define a set of character classes.
Now that you have your stats nailed down, take a look at the character quiz!